The Manchester Debating Union is the largest debating society in the North of England, representing over 60,000 students in universities based in Manchester. We provide key services to our members that develop employable skills such as public speaking and critical thinking.
Previous sponsors include:
Other qualities that make us a successful union are:
- Our volunteering program– we run and host community outreach programmes in schools in the Manchester area, as well as organise one of the largest schools debating competitions in the UK.
- Our annual Intervarsity debating competition that is one of the largest and best attended in the country, which has amongst its attendees both highly skilled domestic and international graduates looking to work in the UK.
- Our active online presence with over 1000 views per month on our website, over 4000 combined Facebook followers, and 50,000 views on our Youtube network.
- Our competitiveness– our speakers regularly reach the semifinals and finals of competitions throughout the UK
- Our members– not but not least, our society promotes and encourages values like teamwork and initiative in our members, who make up some of Manchester’s most talented students.
We are always open to opportunities for sponsorship in the next academic year. We have a range of sponsorship packages from £150 to £5000 as well as a range of sponsorship options, from sponsoring our intervarsity tournament to women’s debate workshops. We offer a range of visibility options such as featuring your brand on promotional material (e.g. hoodies) and advertising your brand at weekly debate workshops or our social media platforms.