Thanks to DWF for sponsoring our event and helping us make it happen. Click here to find out more about graduate opportunities with DWF
With over 250 people involved in this years Manchester IV, it promises to be a huge weekend for debating. Our CA team consists of Adam Hawksbee, Amanda Moorghen, Cerys Bradley and Daan Welling, coupled our equity officer Fiona Brittle – all eminent speakers & judges.
- Pro-Am Break Winners: Birmingham Regina
Speakers: Becki Howarth and Katie Ratcliffe
- ESL Break Winners: Leiden A Click here for the ESL Final Video!
Speakers: Roel Becker and Sarah Rust
- Open Final Competitors:
OG – Strathclyde A OO – Oxford SC
CG – Cambridge WW CO – Karaoke Tiebreaker
- Winners of the Manchester IV 2015: Cambridge WW
Speakers: Ashish Kumar and Michael Dunn
Congratulations to all the teams & speakers involved!
CA Workshops Playlist:
- Round 1: This House believes that the EU should openly fund secular, pro democracy and pro human rights political parties and civil society groups in countries with oppressive regimes
- Round 2: This House believes that the NAACP* should publicly condemn white artists who appropriate black culture.
*National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, an advocacy group for African-Americans
- Round 3: This House believes that companies that produce pornography should be run by a co-operative of their female performers
- Round 4: This House would transfer complete strategic control of the NHS to a body of experts, appointed by experienced medical practitioners and not accountable to Parliament
- Round 5: This House believes that Governments should not publicly discuss anti-terror laws and state security in the wake of terrorist attacks
- Quarter-Finals: This House, as an up and coming female artist, would publicly decline a leading role in a Roman Polanski film [an info slide was provided]
- Semi-Finals: This House would criminalise the the use and creation of unauthorised anonymous communication providers and network browsers [an info slide was provided]
- Pro-Am Final: This House believes that states should not commemorate the veterans of conflicts that are now considered to be unjustified
- ESL Final: This House believes that, even if human life could be extended indefinitely, society should choose to end each individuals life at 100 years
- Open Final: This House welcomes the rise of the far left in continental Europe (e.g. Syriza, Podemos)