We are :
- We are the largest debating society in the North, representing the 60,000 students at the University of Manchester, and Manchester Metropolitan University.
- We also volunteer, run and host community outreach programmes in schools in the Manchester area, and one of the largest schools debating competitions in the UK.
- Recently we have also been featured on ITV and Sky News, concerning the general election
- Our online presence is significant 1000 views per month on our website, over 4000 combined Facebook followers and 50,000 views on our Youtube network.
- We regularly reach final rounds at national and international competitions. We host an annual debating competition that is one of the largest and best attended in the country, which has amongst its attendees both highly skilled domestic and international graduates looking to work in the UK.
- Debating equips students with a unique skill set which includes clear explanation of complex arguments, development of analytical reasoning under pressure and on a wide range of subjects, strategic engagement and situational judgment, and also the capacity to facilitate and mediate discussions effectively.
- Values: doing it right, teamwork, taking the initiative
We are looking for :
- We are looking for a sponsor for the next academic year
- We have a range of sponsorship packages from £150-£5000
- We also have a range of sponsorship options – from sponsoring our term card, to our IV competition package (£700), to individual public debates
What will money be used for?
- Expand outreach in schools – training and our competition (70 teams, international reach). Fits well into a corporate responsibility strategy
- Even more prestigious public debates – name in all advertising; see social media figures. Recently TeachFirst sponsored our Grammar Schools debate.
- Send people to competitions – across country, wearing MDU hoodies with your logo. Our IV has high-flying graduates from both the national and international sphere. Best graduates from abroad wanting to work in the UK – reach out to them at our competitions.
We can provide :
- We can provide an audience of 200+ at weekly high profile public debates
- Access to the largest and most active debating society in the North of England
- A range of visibility options – featuring in the term card, featuring on promotional material, hoodies, featuring or appearing in our weekly public debates, having name promoted at our IV
- The chance to visit our competitive debate training
Our Current Sponsors :
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is ranked as one of top law firms in the UK, Europe and Asia. Click their logo to learn more about them and their graduate scheme.
Are you interested in sponsoring us? Let us know!